Celebrating the very besT
Join our annual Best Traineeship competition and drive your organization, traineeship and inspirational program managers to success.
Every October, we close the application window and get ready to embark on an exciting five-month journey that will see companies put their traineeship programs to the test over three different rounds. Participating companies, learn, discover, and grow to compete for the five Best Practice categories, but there can be only one overall winner of the annual Best Traineeship award.
Registration within the application deadline (October 31st, 2022). Organizations can use our online registration form to register.
Program Manager Event
We facilitate a half-day peer to peer networking and learning event for all participating Traineeship Program Managers. We tackle featured topics, challenges and best practices.
The survey is sent to each competing company. The results set and form the benchmark for the competition. Based upon the overall score, ten organizations are selected to proceed to the second round.
Round 2: Semi Final
In the semi-final the remaining organizations face our expert jury for an interview and panel discussion on five specific Best Practice topics.
We select winners over five categories for Best in Practise awards and the Best Traineeship Manager.
Round 3: Final
The competition final determines who of the five Best in Practice winners will become the overall winner.
In this round, the five winners will compete against each other in an elevator pitch. The overall winner is awarded Best Traineeship.
Everything you need to know about entering this year’s competition.
No matter the business, industry or sector, you can apply to participate in the Best Traineeship competition if you meet the following criteria:
- Clear program target: Focused on developing talented graduates to (top)managers or top(specialists)
- A traineeship is a combination of working and learning. Working is a job with real responsibilities and should not be confused with an internship. Learning is a structured development path.
- The trainee gets the opportunity to gain experience in multiple departments or numerous projects.
- At least 15% of the total duration of the traineeship is dedicated to personal development/training. Training modules can be function-specific or aimed at personal development.
- Trainees have a mentor or (external) coach that help them with their development via periodical one on ones helping them to create a personal development plan.
- The minimal duration of a traineeship is six months and maximum of four years.
We want to spotlight exceptional traineeships, inspirational organizations and program champions. By entering our annual competition, you can demonstrate your commitment to developing, driving and evolving traineeship standards.
More reasons to apply.
- Desirable accreditation for employer branding.
- Fantastic business exposure for award winners.
- Direct feedback from trainees.
- Network and learn from other exceptional organizations.
- A personalized benchmark report with improvement recommendations.
- Indicates to future trainees that your company takes talent development seriously.
- Unique insights into the latest trends in talent development.
- Shows the improvements that you made to your traineeship (only for recurring participants)
- Enhance your recruitment process and attract potential trainees
- Press coverage for competition entrants and winners
Your organization can participate in the competition with 1 traineeship for € 2.295.
For the benchmark report only (no participation in the competition) the cost is €1.595.
If you subscribe before May 31st, 2021, you can make use of the early bird rate, you will pay € 1.995 per traineeship.
- Peer to peer networking event
- Personalized benchmark report
- Unparalleled insights to your traineeship program
- The chance to be crowned Best Traineeship
We’re here to talk if you have any questions about entering this year’s competition.
- More information on the benchmark report.
- How you can leverage competition title for employer branding.
- How you can use insights to develop your program further.